These fritters are probably the best thing since sliced bread. Actually, real life sliced bread kinda sucks so you should make these easy low carb zucchini fritters instead. P.s if you’re looking for a delish as healthy grain free and gluten free bread recipe you should definitely check this recipe out!
They’re perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinny. Or you could make mini ones and serve them with other delish stuff on top as canapes. Ummmm yum, healthy and oh so cute!
We shared a taste testing video to our Facebook page (we do that with all our new recipes now!) and we got comments saying that they’d be perfect for kids becuase they’re nut free and seriously delish. We also grated the zucchini on the super small grater so they didn’t look super green. This might help for super fussy kids?!
Also! Carla had this massive brainwave! These fritters would also make the most perfect low carb burger buns. So. Much. Fun!
These easy low carb zucchini fritters have inspired us to make even more fritters. We’ve already made easy paleo sweet potato fritters and also pumpkin, carrot and bacon fritters… what’s next?! Maybe beetroot and feta fritters. YUM!
If you make the fritters share your pics with us on social media.
Emma + Carla
P.s we’ve also added this recipe to the Get Merry recipe app.
- 500 g (1lb.) zucchini grated
- 60 g (2 oz.) grated parmesan
- 4 eggs whisked
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- salt and pepper
- butter for the pan
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup natural or coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbs. dill chopped
- Squeeze out any excess juice from the grated zucchini (using paper towel or a tea towel) and place in to a bowl.
- Add the eggs, cheese, coconut flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a fry pan on medium heat melt some butter.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop out fritter batter, carefully form in to a fritter with your hands and place in to the fry pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, press down with a spatula, then cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Continue to do this with all the fritter batter, it will make about 8 fritters.
- In a small bowl add the yoghurt, dill, lemon juice and mix well.
- Top delish as fritters with delish as yoghurt dressing.
- Serve with avocado! Because, avocado!