Winter really isn’t a real thing on the Gold Coast in Australia BUT of course, we will be enjoying delicious healthy soups! And this easy roast vegetable soup recipe is one of our favourites.
This recipe is brought to you by SupaBarn and if you live in our home town of Canberra (where you’ll find SupaBarn) this healthy soup recipe has your name written all over it! Coz Canberra is officially already freezing!
We have so many memories of Mum making the best soups! We’d enjoy our bowls of soup with massive crunchy bread rolls (drooool!). But don’t worry! We have so many healthy and grainfree bread recipes you can whip up to go with this healthy soup.
In this vegetable soup recipe, we roast the veggies (obviously) but if you don’t want to you don’t have to. You can simply cook them in the pot with all the other ingredients. But the roasting brings out a whole new and delicious flavour!
If you make this deliciously easy recipe let us know! Share your Merrymaker creations on Instagram and Facebook!
Emma + Carla
- 500 g (1 lbs ) sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 400 g (14 oz ) pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip peeled and chopped
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 L (33 fl oz ) vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbs natural or coconut yoghurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add all the vegetables, coconut oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Mix to coat the veggies in oil and spices.
- Place veggies onto baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft and a little golden.
- Place veggies in a large saucepan, add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil then lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree the veggies with a stick blender or whiz in batches using a blender.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and some extra paprika.
- Serve with delish as bread! Checkout all our healthy, grainfree and low carb bread recipes on the blog and the app!