As the weather gets colder here in Australia it’s time to bring out the slow cooker. This easy slow cooked lamb korma recipe is definitely on our to-make list! We served ours with cauli rice to make it low carb and grain-free but it’s also delicious with normal rice. So go with whatever floats your boat. These days we are fully embracing and celebrating carbs because they are yum and make us feel good.
If slow cooked lamb korma is not really your thing, check out these 2 other epic healthy slow cooker recipes from our site and the Get Merry App.
Slow cooked chicken tikka masala
This recipe is super easy and delish! We even turned the leftovers into pizza (yum!). Get the recipe here.
Slow cooked beef and bacon stew
Ohhh this recipe is oh so YUM! And of course super easy as always! Simply chuck all the ingredients into the slow cooker and switch it on! Grab the recipe HERE!
Ok back to the slow cooked lamb korma! Check out the recipe below and if you make it let us know! YUMMMM.
Emma + Carla
Ps. share a pic with us of your delish Merrymaker recipes with us on social media. We LOVE seeing them!
Easy slow cooked lamb korma
STUFF YOU NEED
For the lamb
- 1 kg (2 lbs.) lamb shoulder cubed
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 cm (1 inch) piece ginger chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk (canned)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cauliflower chopped into florets
- 3 tbs. chopped fresh coriander
- coconut oil
- Add all the lamb ingredients to the slow cooker and stir really well. Cook for 8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before the lamb is ready get onto that cauli-rice.
- Grate the cauliflower florets or use a blender or food processor to create the ‘rice’.
- Melt a little coconut oil in a large frypan on high heat. Add the grated cauliflower and fry until just soft.
- Serve lamb with cauli-rice and garnish fresh coriander. Boom.