We had you at salted caramel… we know it! Because when the words salted and caramel are put next to each other, epic rivers of creamy flowing caramel come to mind… and that is a really really good vision to have.
In all seriousness, this Gluten Free Grain Free Salted Caramel Porridge Recipe falls in to the categories of EPIC and DELISH.
The thing we love most about this porridge is that it’s totally good for you! We used buckinis (buckwheat) for this porridge. But you can swap to oats or other nuts and seeds and come up with some delish brekky.
The salted caramel obsession began way back when we first posted this smoothie… then this cake… but the obsession REALLY kicked off when we posted THIS Choc Salted Caramel Slice… did you take a sneak peek? Salted caramel river in a slice right there!
Let us know what you think of our new Gluten Free Grain Free Salted Caramel Porridge Recipe! Share your pretty creations on Instagram and use #themerrymakersisters so we can reshare our favourites!
Always merrymaking and salted caramell-ing,
Emma + Carla
- 1 cup activated buckwheat (or buckinis!)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbs. coconut sugar
- Your favourite toppings
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan on medium heat add the buckinis, water and allow to absorb. It should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt, cook until buckinis become nice and soft. It should take around 10-15 minutes. Be sure not to boil.
- Pour in a cute bowl, top with your favourite toppings. We used cacao nibs, roasted macadamias and a little extra coconut sugar.
- Super easy... SUPER yum!
- Super yummy served hot on a cool winter morning BUT equally as delish served cold in summer!