This recipe pretty much screams summer! Healthy mango and coconut icecream bars. Oh yehhhh.
Another epic recipe collab with SupaBarn. We stock up on things like cashews, coconut milk, desiccated coconut and cacao from Supabarn so we always have the staples to make a healthy sweet treat just like this one. So #organised!
We reckon these delish mango and coconut icecream bars would be a perfect addition to the Xmas dessert buffet. Perfect for all the people who don’t like Christmas mince pies or Xmas pudding!
The secret to making these healthy mango and coconut icecream bars perfect is in the soaking of nuts. Yes, it kinda seems annoying but if you soak ya nuts overnight you will have a smooth, delish sweet treat that looks good and tastes good!
This recipe was actually first made for our Make Life Merry challenge (which we’ve renamed Get Merry Challenge). It was such a huge hit, we just had to share it with the world this summer.
Oh and if mango isn’t your thing feel free to swap to your nearest and dearest fruit. Think strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, peach… alright you get the picture.
Oh! And if the fruit isn’t in season use frozen fruit! BOOM, easy peasy.
If you make it, let us know!
Emma + Carla
- 1 mango
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs. honey or rice alt syrup
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- Drain and rinse the cashews, place into a food processor or blender.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Blend on high speed for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) silicone mould or lined slice tin.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the flesh of the mango to the remaining mixture.
- Whiz again for around 2 minutes or until combined.
- Carefully pour the mango filling on top of the vanilla filling and place into the freezer for 2 hours or until set.
- Carefully slice the icecream bars and enjoy! Store these in the freezer and thaw out when it’s sweet treat Sunday!
- If you don’t like mango, swap to a cup of your favourite fruit. We like strawberry and kiwi!