Move over home made almond milk! There’s a new kid on the block! And his name is Cashew Milk (who knows why cashew milk is a boy?)! Yay!
Today we’re talking ‘How To Make Cashew Milk’ and it really is super simple… about as simple as almond milk (believe it or not!).
You’re going to need cashews, water, sweetener of choice, a good blender or food processor and a cheesecloth or a clean tea towel!
Here we go: how to make cashew milk!
Emma + Carla
stuff you need
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water over night)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbs. raw honey, or your preferred natural sweetener
- Strain the soaked cashews and rinse with cold water.
- Place the cashews in a blender (we use our Vitamix) along with the 5 cups of water.
- Whiz for around 5 minutes or until the mixture turns thick and smooth.
- Place a cheesecloth (or tea towel) over a bowl and pour the cashew mixture into the cheesecloth.
- Carefully twist the cheesecloth around the mixture and squeeze all of the cashew milk out (this part is fun!).
- Once you have squeezed all of the milk out (there will be wet cashew meal left over) pour the milk back into your blender.
- Add the vanilla, sweetener and whiz again until combined .
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/