We have forever been searching for the perfect paleo cookies. Several faileos (too hard, tastes like cardboard, crumbles + falls apart = gross) later, here it is! Our (to date) favourite paleo cookies! We like ours soft + chewy but if you bake them a little longer they will go crunchy. Hooray!
So why are they so darn good? Well, not only is this recipe ridiculously easy + tasty but we’ve added our (new) all time favourite nut to them: the Australian macadamia. That’s right! Did you know macadamias are aussie? Well, we didn’t + now we do (so we love them even more!) Here’s why you should love them too…
Why are macadamia nuts good for me?
- macadamias contain a combo of nutrients + antioxidants that protect the heart, brain + body.
- the antioxidants de-activate ‘free radicals’. These damage our cells + contribute to chronic disease, less free radicals = good.
- they contain arginine (an essential amino acid) which keeps our blood vessels relaxed + flexible (we want this!), they also help with spreading optimal blood supply to the body (including the brain!).
- macadamias DON’T spike your GI level.
- they have 2g of fibre per 30g serving… aka digestion regularity (yes, they help you poop!).
- macadamias are a great source of Vitamin B – this helps our bodies get energy out of food as well as the function of our nervous system.
- magnesium in macadamias is good for nerve/muscle function (+ recovery) + bone strength.
- macadamias contain copper! Which improves our immunity + gives us healthy skin + hair.
- the most important reason to eat macadamias… THEY TASTE AMAZING (especially in our paleo cookies!).
With all these benefits (+ the taste factor) what are you waiting for?! Grab some macadamias + whip up a batch of our paleo cookies (you really will thank us for this one!).
e + c
p.s if you want to know more about macadamias, click here.
p.p.s what goes with cookies?! MILK! Learn to make your own paleo almond milk, we even have a chocolate flavour!
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 120 g (4.2 oz.) coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine the almond meal, coconut, macadamia nuts, coconut sugar.
- In a blender or food processor whiz the melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto the prepared baking tray, at least 2cm apart.
- Sprinkle the cookies with a few extra chopped macadamias.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- If you're feeling fancy, make a batch of our sugar free chocolate + drizzle on top of the cookies! YUM!