Our Australia Day celebrations wouldn’t be complete without a lamington! So here’s our version! A very delicious, very easy paleo lamington cake! Whiz this up and trust us, it might even be better than the original! Happy Australia Day all!
BUT WAIT! We created a new version! Get the brand new and way better healthy paleo lamington recipe HERE! You know you want it! Check it out below (DROOOOL!).
Emma + Carla
- 6 eggs whisked
- 1 1/4 cups coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbs. Natvia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius + line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a blender, or mix master (we use our Vitamix), whiz the eggs, coconut oil + vanilla until combined.
- In a bowl mix the coconut flour, coconut sugar + baking powder.
- Add the egg mixture + stir well until combined. The mixture is very thick, don't be alarmed!
- Press the mixture into the tin + smooth the top.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the tin until turning out.
- Once the cake has cooled completely cover with delish frosting + sprinkle with desired amount of shredded coconut (we say the more the merrier!).
- In a blender or food processor (we use our Vitamix) whiz the cashews + raw cacao powder until a fine meal forms.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut cream + Natvia + whiz again until smooth. Spread on top of the cooled cake + sprinkle with shredded coconut.