After reading and drooling over Sarah Wilson’s new I Quit Sugar Slow Cooker cook book we’ve been experimenting lots with our faithful ole slow cooker! When we invited Dave Nixon over for a merrymaker dinner we we made this delish Paleo Slow Cooked Beef Cheek number… and it’s safe to say that he was pretty impressed (he ate so much he had to borrow some track pants… kidding, not really!). The best thing about this recipe is that it’s cheap to make and SO super easy. You pretty much chuck everything in the slow cooker and switch it on… that’s it… we’re serious! Enjoy our Paleo Slow Cooked Beef Cheek Recipe and don’t forget to share your creations on social media! Use #themerrymakersisters
Emma + Carla
p.s you might also like this paleo slow cooked pulled pork recipe!
p.p.s this recipe features in our Make It Merry cookbook along with 70 other quick, easy and delish recipes to boost your health and happiness!
- 1 kg beef cheeks, trim the fat
- 300g button mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup organic red wine
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1 medium eggplant chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbs. tomato paste (check for nasties)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- Place the beef cheeks in to the slow cooker.
- Place the rest of the ingredients on top of the beef and mix until the cheeks are coated in all of the ingredients.
- Turn on the slow cooker to low and allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once cooked, pull apart the meat with two forks and serve with crunchy baked sweet potato!