We’ve gone CRAZY for paleo cheese this week! Woohoo! We used it to make Paleo Spaghetti Bolognese and it’s all kinds of yummy!
This is our Mum’s Bolognese recipe (thanks Merrymaker Mum, we love you!) and it is easy peasy to make AND full of healthy, nourishing veggies! Gotta love extra veg! For this recipe you’ll need to whip up a batch of paleo cheese, you can get the recipe here.
Emma + Carla
- 500g (1 lbs.) beef mince
- 4 zucchinis peeled or spiralised
- 5 tomatoes puréed or 1 can of 100% tomatoes
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 rashers bacon diced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil for the pan
- In a large sauce pan on high heat, cook the onion, garlic and bacon until soft.
- Add the mince and stir until just brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, basil, oregano, cinnamon and tomato. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare the zucchinis - place them in a large baking dish.
- Pour the bolognese over the zucchinis and stir through.
- Sprinkle a batch of grated paleo cheese over the bolognese and place in to the oven for around 10-15 minutes.
- Eat it all up!