We whipped up these paleo sweet and sour prawns and they were delicious. Enjoy served with steamed greens and fried cauli-rice.
Emma + Carla
paleo sweet and sour prawns.
stuff you need
- peeled prawns (the more the merrier, we used fresh
- frozen peeled green prawns)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbs coconut chilli sauce
- 2 tbs raw organic honey
- 1 tbs coconut balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- fresh lime/lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 brown onion roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped into squares
- 1 green capsicum chopped into squares
- 1/2 a pineapple diced
- coconut oil for the pan
- First up, marinade! Mix together the aminos, sweet chilli sauce, honey, vinegar, juice, paprika, one clove of garlic and chilli.
- Pour the marinade over your prawns in a bowl and mix carefully, making sure all the prawns get to taste the marinade.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, on high, heat up your coconut oil and sauté one clove of garlic and onion.
- Add both the capsicums and pineapple and stir until heated through.
- Make sure your pan is hot enough and then add the prawns (making sure you get all that yummy marinade into the pan too).
- The prawns shouldn’t take long, about 3 – 4 mins, then turn them over and cook for a further 3 mins until they are cooked through.
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Yoga and Pilates | Easy Healthy Recipes https://themerrymakersisters.com/