By now you all know how much we LOVE our easy paleo pasta recipes and this one is no different! You really can whiz up any pasta sauce with what ever vegetables you have in the fridge! In fact we used broccoli the other day! We’ll post that recipe soon! In the mean time, if you love pesto and you love tomato, then you’ll go crazy for our new paleo tomato pesto pasta recipe! One for the whole family to enjoy (or perfect for meal prep!). What other easy recipes would you like to see? Leave us a comment below on the blog!
Emma + Carla
paleo tomato pesto pasta.
stuff you need
- 1kg chicken mince
- 3 packets SlimPasta (we used angel hair, you could also use sliced zuchinni or kelp noodles)
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 avocado
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 400g button mushrooms sliced
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup mixed seeds and nuts (we used macadamias, sesame, poppy and sunflower seeds)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor (we use our Vitamix) whiz the tomatoes, basil, avocado, red onion, seeds/nuts and lemon juice until smooth. Leave this for now.
- Melt the coconut oil in a high heat sauce pan. Add the brown onion, garlic and chilli flakes and sauté until the onion softens.
- Add the chicken mince and stir until cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and tomato basil sauce and stir until combined.
- Cook the SlimPasta as per the directions on the packet.
- Finally, stir through the SlimPasta (or alternative).
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach with extra dried chilli flakes and fresh diced tomato on top.
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/