We tasked ourselves with creating egg free crackers for our soulsister’s Hen’s Afternoon Tea! We weren’t sure how these would turn out… but it just so happens that they ended up tasting like Paleo Vita-Wheats! A crazy cool, happy accident! Yay! Love those!
All of the guests requested the recipe so we got a quick snap of the Paleo Vita-Wheats and here they are! Super easy, super quick and ridiculously delish! We even think you could make these babies nut free for the school lunch box… just substitute the walnuts for more pumpkin seeds!
Emma + Carla
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 5 tbs. warm water
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- 2 tbs. olive or macadamia oil
- salt to season
- Preheat oven to 180*C or 350*F.
- In a small bowl place the chia seeds and the water, mix a little and allow to sit for 5 minutes (it should turn in to a chia seed gel!).
- In your food processor, or high power blender (we use our Vitamix) place the walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Pulse until a fine meal forms.
- Transfer this in to a bowl. Add the chia gel, oil and salt and mix until it comes together as a sticky dough.
- Divide the mixture in half and place 1 portion between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out with a rolling pin. To about 5mm (1/4 inch) thick.
- Place onto a baking tray and carefully peel off the top sheet of baking paper.
- Repeat these steps with the other portion of dough.
- Place trays into the oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the trays and break or cut into desired cracker size.
- If you love eggs, swap the chia gel for an egg!