The party season can be a little (or a lot) intimidating! Especially when you’re hosting the celebrations in your own backyard! Do you host a paleo party? Or do you forget about everything and blow out on an epic evening with sugar, alcohol, bread, trifle and pudding?
We say hell to the no! What’s worse than a regular hangover? A regular hangover… PLUS a food hangover. Urgh! We feel sick just thinking about it!
We’re planning our very own paleo party (yay!) and we named it The Merrymaker Party (lots of planning went into that name!). The best thing, is that it’s actually quite easy to host a paleo party. All it takes is a little time and preparation. What’s even better? We’re going to give you some tips and tools to help you host your own Paleo Party!
First step is to design the menu. Look for inspiration and create a Pinterest board! We look at recipe books, the blogosphere and old merrymaker recipes. Check out our Paleo Christmas Party Pinterest board here.
Feeling inspired with recipe ideas, next thing is to finalise your paleo party menu. We always say simple is best, especially when you’re catering for a large number of lovely souls. This is our menu plan and you can download all of the recipes from this OneDrive file (um, technology is AWESOME!).
For starters we’ll have:
- Paleo crackers with guacamole (these recipes are in our Let’s Eat Paleo eBook!)
- Paleo bacon wrapped prawns (completely drool worthy!)
- Spiced nuts
For mains we’re thinking delicious meats and simple salads! Like:
We know this looks like a lot of food already but we could never EVER leave out sweet treats! These are our go-to paleo christmas party sweet treats:
- Raw mango puddings
- Paleo coconut ice
- Choc peppermint bites. Our plan is to jar these up for our guests to take home! Oh, how cute!
We can’t forget about beverages! Although we don’t drink a lot of alcohol we will definitely be having a few drinks over the silly season and we want to make the most healthy choice! We will be whipping up (almost) paleo and sugar free cocktails like:
- Wine spritzers and more!
In fact… we have an entire (almost) Paleo Cocktail eBook coming VERY soon!
Next step is to face the shops or markets! We really dread shopping in the busy holiday season! There’s always double the people, super long lines and people seem to be a little edgy! To save the stress and actually enjoy the whole process we make one killer shopping list. We’ve created a shopping list based on the above Paleo Party menu and you can access that from our nifty little OneDrive too!
We’re trying really hard to be a paperless office so we used our Microsoft Surface Pro 3’s rather than printing (you can even tick off your items with the fun pen!)… yes, they changed our lives!
The day before Paleo Party day is the day to prepare as much as possible! This is what we’ll be doing to make sure we are paleo-party-prepared:
- Make the crackers and store in air tight container.
- Make the beetroot dip, store in fridge, even better store in the serving bowl with a lid (yay to less washing up!).
- Make spiced nuts, store in air tight container.
- Marinade chicken thighs, keep in the fridge.
- Prepare the slow cooker, ready to turn on in the morning!
- Roast the pumpkin for the salad, store in airtight container in fridge.
- Make macadamia salad dressing, store in airtight container in fridge.
- Make the entire cauli rice salad, store in serving dish with lid in fridge.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and store in air tight container in fridge (place post it: Do Not Eat!)
- Make raw mango puddings, store in freezer until 60 mins before you serve them.
- Make coconut ice, store in airtight container in fridge.
- Make peppermint bites, store in jars or airtight container in fridge.
- Test out cocktail recipes and drink!
Paleo Party Day!
It’s party time and because we’ll be (and you’ll be) super organised it will be a stress free and fun filled day/night! All you’ve got to do is assemble the salads, turn the slow cooker on, set everything up, prepare the cocktail ingredients and grill the chicken! We highly recommend getting some party helpers or co-hosts. After all, the more the merrier!
We’d love to hear about your planned paleo/healthy parties! Share all your photos with us on social media and use #themerrymakersisters so we don’t miss a pic!
Emma + Carla
This content has been created as part of our involvement in Microsoft’s #WorkWonders Program.