Paleo crumbles are probably the easiest and most delicious sweet treats to make during the cooler months. We’ve already got this paleo crumble recipe and this recipe so we highly recommend you get cooking (good looking)! But this Paleo Apple, Quince and Strawberry Crumble recipe is 100% our new fave healthy paleo crumble recipe!
Never tried quince before? Neither had we! Guess what… quince is totally all kinds of delicious amazing! It’s a weird fruit… but only because we didn’t grow up with it in our fruit bowls and it was never in Woolworths… right? Time to get a bit adventurous and try quince! There’s a little more preparation required as it needs longer to cook but it’s definitely worth it.
Let us know what you think about this super healthy Paleo Apple, Quince and Strawberry recipe! And don’t forget to share your creations on social media and tag #themerrymakersisters!
Emma + Carla
- 3 quince peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon quartered
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup coconut chips or shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamias nuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or gee melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a large saucepan add water, lemon and quince. Cover and bring to boil, turn down to simmer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Once the quince is cooked, drain the water and discard lemon (you could even pre cook the quince the day before).
- Place the apple slices, strawberries and cooked quince in a baking dish, slightly overlapping each other and covering the entire base.
- In a bowl combine the coconut, macadamias, pumpkin seeds, vanilla and salt.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix evenly on top of the fruit
- Place in to the oven for 15 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for another 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Enjoy immediately or save for later!
- Not keen on quince? Just swap to more apples and strawberries!