It’s so easy to get 100% consumed and caught up in other people’s drama. Some people choose to step out of it while others choose to be amongst it and feed off it. In this episode, we chat about this and how to step out of it.
This is what we spoke about
- Sometimes we can be emotional, but this is not really the drama we are chatting about. It’s necessary to live our truth and feel our feelings. And have friends we can be open with and depend on.
- It’s important that we check in, is the drama taking over our lives. Also, we go on a crazy tangent onto the obsession with TV and reality TV.
- Realise what’s truly important. Get your feet on the ground.
- Decide whether or not you want to be part of the drama. Does the drama serve you or not?
- Create your own boundaries and have the awareness of whether you’re the person bringing the drama or not.
- Be mindful of the people you hang out with and what you allow. Try to change the pattern of the catch-up or the communication.
Really, the way to step out of the drama is knowing that you want to step out of it. It’s having the awareness of your energy and time, checking in with how you’re feeling and knowing that you are the decision-maker and that you can say no. You can be in control!
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Greg Raines on Unsplash