February is the actual start of the year right? Well, this is our official first episode of 2023. In this episode we chat, the new house, 7 weeks in Italy (omgosh it was amazing) and Carla’s upcoming wedding!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- We are now recording in Emma’s new home. Moving house was very stressful but I’m excited to not be in rentals anymore. Yay!
- Four weeks after moving in, Damiano and I were off to Italy for seven weeks. For me, it was a much-needed break from that whole moving house situation. And wow was it a beautiful adventure!
- While in Italy, food anxiety came up but only for a few moments here and there. It felt like it was the final healing from my old way of thinking and my very toxic relationship with food, diet and exercise.
- Consistent and conscious practice of self-acceptance and gratitude really works. It allowed me to experience one of the most beautiful things (the Italian way of life!). I talk more about this!
- All our practices within MerryBody, meditation, Yoga, Pilates, help you shift your perspective.
- At-home workouts allow you to have so much more time and space to do other things and not be on someone else’s clock. You have the freedom to be you; you can fart and you don’t have to worry about what you wear. Yes, we did just say that.
- Carla’s getting married in 19 days! Several stressful things came up!
- Funny story about Emma’s dress, from burgundy to emerald green. Finding the bridesmaid dress was way harder than the wedding dress.
- We’re launching our first teacher training program and it will be live before July!
- This has been a big process and it feels exciting, it feels right. It’s proof that you don’t need the full plan at the beginning, just have the spark of an idea and follow it.
- The MerryBody recipes are now added to the app. We are still in test mode but if you’re a MerryBody member, they’re coming very soon!
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla