If you’re looking for a new healthy breakfast recipe these sweet potato and feta fritters are for you. They’re so easy to make, they require minimal ingredients and they’re just bloody yum!
Really, we love anything that comes in fritter form. They really are the best and most delicious way to eat veggies and they make the perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner! Or snack.
We have a bunch of healthy fritter recipes already on the blog and the Get Merry App (the best way to access Merrymaker recipes… download HERE).
If these sweet potato and feta fritters don’t take your fancy check out these low carb zucchini fritters or what about these pumpkin, carrot and bacon fritters? Or these crispy vegetable fritters. All these recipes are also on the Get Merry Recipe App!
If you make the fritters share a photo with us on Instagram. We love seeing your drool-worthy pics.
Emma + Carla
- 400 g (14 oz.) sweet potato peeled and grated
- 100 g (3 ½ oz.) crumbled feta
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil
- 1 lime quartered
- ¼ cup natural or coconut yoghurt
- Place the sweet potato in a bowl and squeeze out excess liquid. You can use a tea towel or just your hands, and transfer sweet potato into another bowl.
- Add the feta, eggs, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a frypan on medium heat, melt a little oil.
- Use a ¼ cup to scoop out batter, carefully form into a fritter with your hands and place into the frypan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip very slowly and carefully, press down with a spatula, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Continue to do this with all the fritter batter, it will make about 6 fritters.
- Serve with yoghurt and a squeeze of lime juice. YUM!
- Add a couple rashers of bacon. Just fry it up! Talk about all kinds of delish! Oh and if your fritters #fail call it a brekky hash! Still just as yum!