Who doesn’t love a little mexican?! Mexican is one of our all time favourite flavours so of course we’ve made it paleo! We’ve conquered the paleo nachos + mexican meatza but these paleo mexican burrito bowls are becoming our all time favourite… they’re quick, easy + delish (you know the deal) but also super dooper fun when you put all the ingredients out buffet style + self serve it up! There’s no wrap keeping it all together but who needs that anyway?! Burrito bowls are the next big thing!
p.s serve these yummy bowls with cauli rice!
pp.s we’d love to see your Paleo Mexican Burrito Bowls on social media! Don’t forget to #themerrymakersisters YAY!
paleo mexican burrito bowls.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli (seeds out or in... depending on how hot you like it!)
- 1 tbs. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
plus, serve with
- 1 serve cauli-rice
- 1 iceberg lettuce shredded
- In a high heat fry pan, melt the coconut oil + saute the onion.
- Add the chicken mince + cook for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in your food processor (we use our Vitamix) whiz the tomatoes, garlic, chilli, cumin + thyme until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add the sauce to the mince + allow to simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with cauli-rice, lettuce + guacamole!
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/