Every time we make a new paleo pancake recipe we always say “these are the best paleo pancakes ever!”. What isn’t there to love about a good paleo pancake? They tick all the boxes. They are: delicious, pretty, fun to make, fun to eat, super versatile and healthy!
We love to research (slash google) food and find out why we should eat it. Like how it supports our bodies, whether it’s good for energy, nutrients, vitamins, minerals, functionality… you get the picture right? But Oh. My. Food. Did we have fun researching pancakes! There is some serious pancake porn on the interwebs! Of course most were terribly unhealthy and filled with yucky ingredients but as you know we can paleo-fy (almost) everything!
So after several hours of research (and drooling) we pretty much have a list of 100 different paleo pancake varieties we want to make. Including (but not limited to):
Sweet varieties berry spice, caramel-nut-fudge, tropicana, coconut-raspberry, chocolate fudge, vanilla-chai, vanilla-berry, chocolate chip, lemon lime, butter and blueberry, honey and strawberry.
Savoury varieties bacon and maple, sweet potato, chive and onion, spicy mexican with guacamole, chorizo and tomato, mushroom, spinach, smoked salmon and dill.
Ok we really could go on and on here (and we didn’t even mention crepes or pikelets!).
We would absolutely love you to share your best paleo pancake recipe with us! Leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+. Don’t forget to hashtag #themerrymakersisters
Along with our new recipe for the best paleo pancakes (hehehe they are the best at the moment anyway!) we have pumpkin and raspberry, sweet potato, protein banana (not paleo though) and we have 3 new varieties in our eBook: Let’s Eat Paleo (over 50 paleo recipes that are easy and delish!) choc-nana, vanilla-pumpkin pear as well as savoury sweet potato and kale pancakes!
Happy pancake eating.
Emma + Carla
ps. Use #themerrymakersisters on social media so we see each and every one of your merrymaker creations!
- 250g (8.8 oz) sweet potato, peeled, cubed and cooked.
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- In a food processor or blender puree the cooked sweet potato.
- Add the eggs, almond meal, raw cacao powder, coconut flour, almond milk, water, honey and vanilla.
- Whiz again until really smooth.
- In a large saucepan melt the coconut oil.
- Place spoonfuls of pancake batter into the saucepan and allow to cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form.
- Carefully (and we mean carefully) flip the pancakes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to cook the rest of the pancakes until all the batter is used up.
- Make your pancakes super special by adding your favourite toppings! This time we chose coconut, ABC butter, raspberries and pomegranates.