One thing we have come to realise is that home cooking is one of those essential life skills. We’re definitely not talking pro-chef style here just those simple and basic cooking skills. You know, how to work the oven, the cook top, cut and cook fresh meat, vegies and fruit, how to cook an egg etc etc. Then once you have the basic skills you’ve got the confidence to get a little more creative!
Jamie Oliver himself says:
“Cooking is, without a doubt, one of the most important skills a person can ever learn and share. Once someone has that knowledge, that’s it – they’re set for life. My dream is to see everyone cooking good food from scratch and learning new ways to get creative in the kitchen.”
Ahh we LOVE you Jamie.
It really is simple. The more home cooking with fresh and wholesome produce we do, the happier and healthier lives we’ll have! It isn’t brain science but this message sure got lost somewhere along the way. As you know, we follow and promote the paleo way of living BUT we also promote doing what works for you and what makes you feel good!!
In case you need some more reasons to get into the kitchen and try out some good old home cooking here’s a list (we love lists!).
Home cooking rocks because:
- ahhh it’s fun!
- you can wear your pyjamas while you cook! Heck, you can cook naked if that’s your style, just watch the oil spatter!
- you can have picnics on the lounge room floor (we do this all the time).
- you save money… going out for dinner gets super expensive!
- it creates better relationships in your household (#FACT).
- there’s less noise than a restaurant, so you can actually have a good conversation.
- you can go back for seconds.
- there’s always leftovers (unless you go back for thirds and fourths!).
- you know exactly what you’re eating, no hidden nasties.
- you can pack more nutrients into your meals.
- you get a sense of fulfilment, you put the energy in and you get a masterpiece out (yes your every meal is a masterpiece!).
We’d love to hear why you love home cooking, let us know in the comments below. Here are a few of our most favourite home cooked recipes.
For brekky: can’t go pass paleo pancakes, check out a few recipes here.
Here are some of our most favourite dinner recipes:
Easy paleo chicken thigh bake: this is one of our go-to dinners. Pretty much you just chuck it all in a baking dish and straight into the oven!
Paleo burrito bowls: who doesn’t love Mexicano?!
Meache: when meat meets quiche.
Creamy paleo avocado pasta: we make this once a week and never ever get sick of it. Seriously nom.
Last but not least we all need a little something sweet:
Emma + Carla