Do you find yourself forever procrastinating and making excuses? Has something been on your goals list for what seems forever and you just can’t seem to make any progress?
You see we are both great at getting results and great at procrastinating so we have a high level of experience (hehe).
If you’re completely over your excuses and you’re ready to see and feel results, tune in to this Get Merry podcast episode.
“You can have results or excuses. Not both.”
Stuff we talked about…
- How it’s natural for humans to make excuses and procrastinate. But it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing!
- The most common things we all make excuses for: exercise, work and career success, relationships, social life, eating healthy, family time, learning and development… oh wait. Everything.
- How we do one thing is how we do everything!
- How to stop procrastinating and stop making excuses.
- What are the most common excuses? No time, too tired, not educated enough, I have to look after the kids, born in the wrong era, not enough money, there’s too much competition – so no point to start, I’m on this path and have dedicated so much time to it – I can’t change, I am stuck in my ways, don’t have support, not smart enough, not pretty enough, NOT ENOUGH.
- Accept where you are right now, stop dwelling on the past you CAN NOT CHANGE IT! Focus on what you can do right NOW to create a brighter present and future.
- Do the important stuff first. Work out what is actually important, what are your core values (not what you SAY they are what do your actions say your values are?).
- Get organised, batch work, schedule workouts, get accountability.
- Let go of perfection.
- Get rid of non-required distractions eg. aimless social media scrolling, TV time.
You might also like Episode 194: Follow these 3 steps and you won’t fail your goal.
Emma + Carla