Welcome to the second episode of the Get Merry Podcast for 2021. A chat inspired by a conversation with an acquaintance who shared her business idea. We felt really excited for her, we shared some advice and she thanked us for being supportive.
It got us thinking about supporting others and the ways we can each do that… but also, it made us question why so many of us don’t show support.
Sometimes, friends or even family members completely turn a blind eye to what you’re passionately doing or creating, whether it’s a business, a creative project or any project.
Stuff we talked about…
- Why people try and cut you down when you are rising up. Listen to Episode 166: tall poppy syndrome, stop criticising others and start encouraging them!
- Why it’s important to support your friends or family when they want to do something new or different.
- If you have a friend in business, why not support them? The best way, purchase their product or service.
- When a friend or a family member purchases our product, it makes us feel acknowledged and valued.
- Receive and be open to help. We have never had a mentor but we have had mentor-like figures in our biz life. In this episode we go through the key lessons they taught us.
- Celebrating the success of others and not feeling jealous.
- In being happy for others, you become happier yourself.
Remember that there’s space for everyone to succeed. Choose love over fear because when you choose to love and support, you reap the benefits. Whereas, when you choose fear, your anxiety, jealousy and anger grows.
Are you choosing love or are you choosing fear?
We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 3-day Core Challenge and get direct access to daily core-focused classes (both yoga and pilates). Sign up at https://themerrymakersisters.com/core-challenge.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Simon Maage on Unsplash