How much did you used to love cheese and bacon bread rolls? Like so much. We sure did! Smothered in margarine of course. Obviously we don’t eat these anymore and we definitely do not eat margarine (gross.) So it was time to come up with a healthy cheese and bacon low carb bread roll recipe.
Not gonna lie, we’re pretty impressed with our kitchen skills. This recipe is actually mega easy and freaking all kinds of delish. You should definitely give it a go!
The number one tip we have for you is to make sure you squeeze out the extra liquid of the cauliflower. This will make or break your cheese and bacon low carb bread rolls (like literally you will have broken mushy rolls). So once you’ve given the grated/whizzed cauliflower a squeeze, squeeze it out all over again. Yes, it’s messy, so embrace the mess.
On the topic of cauliflower, how good is cauliflower? If you’re looking for more fun recipes with cauliflower make sure you checkout this cauliflower pita bread recipe or this cauli fried rice or what about this cauliflower and leek soup? YUM! Hmm we actually might need to make some more cauli recipes!
If you make these let us know how you go! We love it when we see your delish, Merrymaker recipes shared all over social media. Yum and fun!
Emma + Carla
- 1 cauliflower cut into small florets then blended or grated (should be around 2½ - 3 cups)
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 cup grated good quality cheese
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- pinch of salt
- 2 rashes (slices) of bacon chopped
- Extra cheese, however much you want!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a food processor or blender to whiz the cauliflower, but don't turn it into mush.
- Use a tea towel to squeeze out excess liquid (super important, do not skip this step!).
- In a bowl add the cauliflower, egg, cheese, chia seeds, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and mix super well.
- It shouldn't be too soggy, if it is, add another tablespoon of coconut flour.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to form 6 balls. Pop them onto the baking tray and flatten.
- Top with chopped bacon and extra cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes, check and cook for another 5 minutes.
- And now eat!
- The trick to this delish rolls is to squeeze out the liquid in the cauliflower. Just want to remind you... AGAIN! hehe! Enjoy!