In episode 10 on #MerryBiz we chat to sportsman, adventurer, eternal optimist and entrepreneur.
In 2011 he found his purpose: to build a global sports brand that gives back to those in need.
Facing adversity since childhood, our guest realised the potential of sport and how it can empower individuals.
He’s the founder of ONTHEGO, which began as a small startup in the backyard shed… and is now a multi-million dollar business.
ONTHEGO is one of Australia’s fastest growing apparel and accessory brands with an increasing global presence. Over 300,000 people in 15 countries use ONTHEGO products.
He’s a speaker, investor and philanthropist. He also lives in our home city of Canberra!
Welcome to #MerryBiz, Mick Spencer!
Take a listen! We ALMOST tear-up in this episode! It inspired us and we know it will inspire YOU!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE on iTunes or Stitcher and if you LOVE the episode, give us a 5 star rating and write us a merry-filled review!
PLUS learn to Set and Smash Your Goals with our FREE Goal Setting Guide!
#MERRYBIZ SHOW NOTES
Some questions we ask…
- How did you boot strap a company to build a multi-million dollar company in just 4 years?
- What’s been your biggest challenge building your business?
- How do you reach out to mentors? (Mick met Sir Richard Branson! You’ll hear that story too!).
- Who has been your biggest inspiration?
- Do you think you need to have the passion within business?
“I think all good businesses are built around a hungry crowd.”
Some moments of AHA! in this episode…
- Sometimes it starts with a purpose… then comes the business.
- How merchandise can bring a team together.
- Why putting your focus into building a bulletproof business FIRST is important.
- Why every entrepreneur needs to be financial literate.
- Why being connected to others will grow your business exponentially.
“I’m so humbled every day.”
Links to the extra stuff we talked about…
Follow Mick on Snapchat: mickspencer AND on Instagram: @mick_spencer or @onthegosports
Mick’s blog: Adventures of a young entrepreneur
“You get to live once, so you gotta do your best work… and you can only do your best work when you’re lovin’ it.”
You’ll probably love…
How to Get Shit Done with Serial Entrepreneur, Dan Norris
How to Live in the Now with Garni Sohrabian
How to Overcome Self Limiting Beliefs with Melissa Ambrosini
Blogging, Business and Bad-assery with Gala Darling
“I enjoy dancing to my own show. I like to do things on my own and on my own terms while bringing amazing people on the journey.”
We want to give a HUGE shout out to the amazing guys of Drawing North for providing the podcast music of #MerryBiz. Yes, they are kinda epic. You gotta check them out! This is our favourite song!
“You gotta start before you’re ready.”
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! or the action your gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode!
“Every day matters.”
Image borrowed from CityNews – thank YOU!