By now, you all know how much we LOVE SlimPasta… our paleo creamy chicken pesto pasta makes it on to the menu at least once a week in our household! Now there’s a new(ish) product called Slendier Konjac Rice Style… so welcome back risotto! We tried it out for the first time with our paleo beef stir fry + it was definitely a hit!
Slendier Konjac Rice Style is made out of the konjac (pronounced, CON-JACK) vegetable + we love it because:
- it helps to lower blood pressure
- it helps with our bowel movements
- it’s low in carbohydrates
- it doesn’t spike our GI levels
- it helps rid toxins out of the body.
So many ticks! Read more about the interesting konjac veggie here. Yes, the Slendier products are not 100% paleo (they come in a packet) but when you’re stuck for time + cauli-rice or zoodles aren’t an option, we turn to the Slim range.
A GIVEAWAY FOR YOU!
We’re excited to giveaway 2 boxes of Slendier Konjac Rice Style (6 packets in each!), all you have to do is subscribe to our newsletter (just enter your email address over on the right hand side of our blog), like us on Facebook + leave us a comment below here on the blog telling us what your favourite rice dish is – this competition is open to Australia + the 2 winners will be selected at random. Competition closes 12 midday on Thursday 28 November! Can’t wait to hear your entries!
While you enter, you’re probably thinking… what’s for dinner?! How about our brand new, paleo beef stir fry?! Try it with the rice or if you have time, serve with our delish cauli-rice!
e + c
- 500g beef fillets cut into tenderloins
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbs. coconut vinegar
- 1/2 tbs. fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbs. raw honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 brown onion finely sliced
- 5 shallots chopped (extra to garnish)
- 2 tbs. sesame seeds
- 1 tbs. dried chilli flakes
- 2 packets Slendier Konjac Rice Style
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- In a marinating container, place the beef, coconut aminos, coconut vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, honey + lemon.
- Mix together until the beef is coated, then cover + place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a hot sauce pan, melt the coconut oil + add the onion, saute until soft.
- Add the beef + marinade, cook for around 7 minutes or until the beef is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to the directions on the packet.
- Stir through the shallots, sesame seeds + rice.
- Garnish with extra shallots + dried chilli flakes... enjoy!