In episode 22 on the #MerryBiz podcast learn how to find and ROCK your personal style!
Our guest’s journey started in 2008 when she said goodbye to her 20 year journalism career.
Starting out as a personal stylist she started a blog, which now received over 130 000 visits each and every month.
She’s created a booming business working with world renowned brands, she’s a published author of the best selling book, Unlock Your Style and she’s created a positive and insanely active community.
With a mission to help busy women get out the door looking and feeling the best they can.
Welcome to #MerryBiz Nikki Parkinson of Styling You!
Take a listen!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE on iTunes or Stitcher and if you LOVE the episode, give us a 5 star rating and write us a merry-filled review!
PLUS learn to Set and Smash Your Goals with our FREE Goal Setting Guide!
#MERRYBIZ SHOW NOTES
Some questions we ask…
- When did your community become so positive and amazing… was it an overnight success?
- Why is personal style so important?
- What would be your number 1 tip for someone just starting out to style themselves?
- What was the first thing you made an income from on your blog?
- What have been some of your favourite brand collaborations?
- How do you decide which client/brand to say yes or no to, do you have a tick list?
- Blog to published… tell us the story!
“Honour everybody for who they are and what their personality is.”
Some moments of AHA! in this episode…
- You don’t have to just do what you know, you can think bigger.
- How being mindful of what you put on in the morning can change your life.
- Why de-cluttering your ‘stuff’ and closet will help you be more successful at life.
- Why style is about YOU, not trends.
- The importance of being you and overcoming the thought of ‘I’m not good enough.’
“Like attracts like, you’re not going to attract everyone… just the people you want to have a conversation with.”
Links to the extra stuff we talked about…
“It’s not a case of build it and they will come… it’s about being consistent and persistent.”
You’ll probably love…
An Introduction to Processes and Outsourcing
How to Set and Smash Your Goals with The Merrymaker Sisters
How to Build an Engaged Tribe with Jadah Sellner
How to Use Your Intuition to Turn Your Passion into an Online Empire with Brigit Esselmont of Biddy Tarot
Batching and Scheduling will Change Your Life
From Burnout to Virtual CEO and Online Biz Superstar with Chris Ducker
How to Dominate Instagram and Build an Epic Sales Funnel with Nathan Chan
“Just focus on one thing at a time.”
We want to give a HUGE shout out to the amazing guys of Drawing North for providing the podcast music of #MerryBiz. Yes, they are kinda epic. You gotta check them out! This is our favourite song!
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! or the action your gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode!
“To build a community… you need to be YOU.”