In episode 22 on the #MerryBiz podcast learn how to find and ROCK your personal style!
Our guest’s journey started in 2008 when she said goodbye to her 20 year journalism career.
Starting out as a personal stylist she started a blog, which now received over 130 000 visits each and every month.
She’s created a booming business working with world renowned brands, she’s a published author of the best selling book, Unlock Your Style and she’s created a positive and insanely active community.
With a mission to help busy women get out the door looking and feeling the best they can.
Welcome to #MerryBiz Nikki Parkinson of Styling You!
Take a listen!
PLUS learn to Set and Smash Your Goals with our FREE Goal Setting Guide!
#MERRYBIZ SHOW NOTES
Some questions we ask…
- When did your community become so positive and amazing… was it an overnight success?
- Why is personal style so important?
- What would be your number 1 tip for someone just starting out to style themselves?
- What was the first thing you made an income from on your blog?
- What have been some of your favourite brand collaborations?
- How do you decide which client/brand to say yes or no to, do you have a tick list?
- Blog to published… tell us the story!
“Honour everybody for who they are and what their personality is.”
Some moments of AHA! in this episode…
- You don’t have to just do what you know, you can think bigger.
- How being mindful of what you put on in the morning can change your life.
- Why de-cluttering your ‘stuff’ and closet will help you be more successful at life.
- Why style is about YOU, not trends.
- The importance of being you and overcoming the thought of ‘I’m not good enough.’
“Like attracts like, you’re not going to attract everyone… just the people you want to have a conversation with.”
Links to the extra stuff we talked about…
“It’s not a case of build it and they will come… it’s about being consistent and persistent.”
You’ll probably love…
“Just focus on one thing at a time.”
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! or the action your gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode!
“To build a community… you need to be YOU.”