In episode 32 on #MerryBiz we chat with one of the most generous people we’ve ever met.
He started blogging back in 2002 and is now the world’s leader in helping others learn how to monetise their blogs.
It was the first website we ever read that taught us about all things blogging and techy and his events literally changed our lives.
You would know him from ProBlogger or Digital Photography School… and we are SO excited to welcome the one and only Darren Rowse to #MerryBiz
Take a listen! Get ready for inspiration… it’s about to hit you!
PLUS learn to Set and Smash Your Goals with our FREE Goal Setting Guide!
#MERRYBIZ SHOW NOTES
Some questions we ask…
- Tell us about long term strategy vs. short term goals.
- How important is to be generous with your content?
- What are your thoughts on the new social media platforms?
- How do you go from an idea to actually publishing content?
- What are the different types of income streams for bloggers?
- How can you shift your mindset from blog to business?
- How do you know what content to create?
- How can you beat your numbers plateauing?
“There’s always ways to break through as long as you’re adding value, being useful and being meaningful.”
Some moments of AHA! in this episode…
- Why it’s NEVER too late to start something new.
- Why it’s important to operate within your goals and values.
- How to encourage people to keep coming back to your content.
- The best way to develop, start and finish content.
- The importance of diversifying your income.
- Why you need to understand your reader and what they need.
- Why you need to look at your popular content and repurpose it on other platforms.
“I follow what energises me.”
Links to the extra stuff we talked about…
“I’m 10% experimental and 90% do what’s working. But if you’re just starting out… experiment, experiment, experiment!”
You’ll probably love…
“Surprise and delight as many people as you can.”
“If you want your blog to be a business… treat it like a business today.”
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! or the action your gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode!
“It’s the little things we do today that take us to the moments where we throw our hands in the air and yell I JUST ACHIEVED MY DREAM!“