It’s official! This delicious healthy roast pumpkin recipe is our FAVOURITE thing at the moment! We are even adding it to our CHOCOLATE BROWNIES! Yahuh, capital letters required. You may know us as sweet potato lovers (especially chips) but we’ve seriously cut our carb intake down as we’ve stopped exercising so much (this is a long story and definitely requires a dedicated blog post!).
Instead, we’ve been cooking up a roast pumpkin storm and enjoying all of the healthy benefits!
Did you know that…
- Pumpkin is an awesome anti-inflammatory food (all of our goals should be to reduce inflammation in our bodies!).
- Pumpkin is a good source of fibre, makes us regular, gets ride of toxins.
- Pumpkin boosts immunity and clears skin because it has zinc. Boom!
- Pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium, omega 3, fibre and protein which means healthy joints, skin, brains, hearts.
- Pumpkin is so delicious and versatile… but if eaten too much your hands may turn orange! True story.
Emma + Carla
- 1kg (2 lbs) pumpkin (we used kent)
- 1/2 cup coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 1 tbs. macadamia oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice all the pumpkin (we leave the skin on) and place on the baking tray.
- Drizzle with macadamia oil and place in to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked place on to a platter or in to a large bowl and stir through fresh chilli and coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper. Delish!
- Feel free to cook the seeds with the pumpkin! They taste like crunchy deliciousness when cooked just enough!