In episode 36 on #MerryBiz we chat with a real PR super star! She helps businesses and brands get press coverage in newspapers, magazines and on radio and TV.
She has 15 years experience writing and editing for newspapers and magazines all over the world.
If there’s ONE episode to listen to about media and PR it is this one!
Full of the exact action steps to take right NOW to get your face in the media!
We’re so excited to welcome Janet Murray to #MerryBiz!
Take a listen!
PLUS learn to Set and Smash Your Goals with our FREE Goal Setting Guide!
#MERRYBIZ SHOW NOTES
Some questions we ask…
- How can press and media coverage help build a profitable brand and business?
- How do we know what kind of stories journalists are looking for… and also what they’re not looking for?
- How do you actually put together press release? How do you pitch your story idea?
- What if a journalist ignores your pitch? What do you do next?
“PR is a marathon… not a sprint.”
Some moments of AHA! in this episode…
- Why you need to sell your stories and not just take a blanket approach when it comes to PR.
- Why you need to take a long term approach to PR and media.
- The PR strategy to implement… NOW.
- Why your email subject (when pitching) is one of the most important things to focus on.
- The importance of being aware of current issues or topics that relate directly to you and your business.
“Journalists are not interested in you, they’re not interested in your business, they are just interested in great stories.”
Links to the extra stuff we talked about…
Janet’s Website (get her FREE press release training!)
“Be nice to people on the way up because you never know who you might meet on the way down.”
You’ll probably love…
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! or the action your gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode!
“PR is about building credibility and raising your profile.”